When it comes to buying a product for my children, I have to do all my research, product and price comparisons, and comparing reviews (cost vs. benefits). I try to get the best deal without sacrificing quality, comfort or safety. I think real mom experiences are what I consider the most, so I thought I'd share my own reviews on the products I've decided to purchase hoping this will be a helpful tool for you! Please feel free to comment or recommend your own products vs. the ones posted here on my blog! Thank you.

Here you'll find reviews, helpful finds and tips, the most updated CPSC child product recalls, and the most current baby deals I can find on the web (and in -stores) possible!!!

If you'd like to see any additional items on this blog that could help you as a mommy, please leave me a comment on my Intro post!!! :) Thank you for reading :).

US Consumer Product Safety Commission - Recent Child-Related Product Recalls

Sep 3, 2009

Baby Trend Sit N Stand LX

I got a crazy deal on this Tandem Stroller.  It was on clearance at Target for $65.00 from $129.99.  It was the end of season clearance.  I was pregnant with my daughter and my son was almost 2.  The first time I used it, my husband and I went to the outside Marketplace with my newborn girl and my 2 year old son.  I have to say, it is a smooth ride, and fits really nicely in the trunk of my Honda Accord sedan.  However, my little guy would try to jump out of the seat (even with the seat belt on) or would begin to get sleepy if it were a longer trip.  If we let him walk, he'd run from us (and those funny-looking kid leashes dont do any good for us either).  I sold the Sit N Stand on CL for what I paid (awesome deal for a barely used SNS). 
I would say if my son was over 3, this would have been the perfect stroller for him and my newborn girl. Plus, my son still takes one nap in the day, so if he gets sleep on this stroller, I'm screwed.  My daughter is now growing out of her infant carrier at 6 months and the front seat where she would have sat is actually hard, and it reclines (just barely though) so I may have sold it off either way.

Summary of Baby Trend Sit N Stand LX
Pros:
Easy to Assemble
Fits in Compact vehicles
Sturdy

Cons:
Uncomfortable front seat
Front seat reclines maybe 30 degrees

Overall, it's a good pick if you leave the house at the right time
(not during nap time) for short trips.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I have the Baby Trend Sit'N Stand LX and I love it. My kids are 2 years apart, so this stroller really comes in handy.

I also just got a Graco Nautalus 3 in 1 for my son. This is the best car seat I've ever had. It has a reinforced steel frame, easy to clean. The only problem is the latch that is between his legs is too far back but it's still an awsome car seat.