When it comes to buying a product for my children, I have to do all my research, product and price comparisons, and comparing reviews (cost vs. benefits). I try to get the best deal without sacrificing quality, comfort or safety. I think real mom experiences are what I consider the most, so I thought I'd share my own reviews on the products I've decided to purchase hoping this will be a helpful tool for you! Please feel free to comment or recommend your own products vs. the ones posted here on my blog! Thank you.

Here you'll find reviews, helpful finds and tips, the most updated CPSC child product recalls, and the most current baby deals I can find on the web (and in -stores) possible!!!

If you'd like to see any additional items on this blog that could help you as a mommy, please leave me a comment on my Intro post!!! :) Thank you for reading :).

US Consumer Product Safety Commission - Recent Child-Related Product Recalls

Sep 8, 2009

Graco ComfortSport "Midas" $50 at Target (Ends 9/12 while supplies last)

The Graco CS has quite a bit mixed reviews.  On many sites' reviews forums, you'll find moms that love them, and moms that just hate them.  I say, the best car seat is one that fits your car, your child's height, weight, and comfort, and your circumstances ;).  ...There's one out there for everyone! 

I went in to get the Evenflo Chase DLX Booster car seat for my son on sale for $49.99 (In-Store sale only)!  Once I went in and actually inspected the Chase, found it to feel "cheap" and quite unsturdy.  I was very much turned off by it.  I was going to hand down my sons EFTA to my daughter and get him into the Chase DLX instead.  I decided to keep the EFTA for him being a little dissappointed in the look and feel of the seat.  I walked by this Graco CS sale and just could not resist!  I've read a lot of reviews on it and knowing that it is (according to other reviews) "difficult to install" I bought it anyway (Geez! It was only $50!!! Same cost as our second car's Cosco Scenara that's my sons except the CS has EPS Energy Absorbing foam!!!!).  The Cosco Scenera and the Graco ComfortSport both have the same RF and FFing weight limits (FFing limit at 40lbs).  Seeing that she's 6 months, and I know she'll average out like DS did (he was a big baby too and now at 2 1/2 mos is 31 lbs) it will last her awhile.    When my DS turns 3, I will get him a Booster seat w/5 pt harness... a good one.  I just can't invest in TWO good car seats (as in expensive) at the moment. 

A ComfortSport for $50 and the only catch is "difficult installation"... to me, it was totally worth it!  This will be DDs car seat for our second car most likely and I will be trading in the infant carrier at BRU before the sale is over on the 20th for the main car seat.  Just haven't decided which one yet... :/.  Target has the MyRide 65 online for $135 so I may do that.  Or with the Trade In at BRU it would be $128!  I'm sooo undecided on the main car seat still (for our primary car) for her.  Maybe the EFTA???

Experience so far with Graco CS "Midas"
Pros:
**EPS Energy Absorbing Foam**
Tight, secure fit using Latch in RF position
Inexpensive
Narrow
Recline position
sturdy cup-holder
Cushiony

Cons:
Confusing directions
not very soft exterior fabric
Most likely you'll need to use a towel to assist in recline position RFing

All in all, it seems safe and sturdy (using rolled towel for extra tight RF fit.  I'm pleased what I got for the price!  Plus, baby girl seems to like it too!!!

No comments: