When it comes to buying a product for my children, I have to do all my research, product and price comparisons, and comparing reviews (cost vs. benefits). I try to get the best deal without sacrificing quality, comfort or safety. I think real mom experiences are what I consider the most, so I thought I'd share my own reviews on the products I've decided to purchase hoping this will be a helpful tool for you! Please feel free to comment or recommend your own products vs. the ones posted here on my blog! Thank you.

Here you'll find reviews, helpful finds and tips, the most updated CPSC child product recalls, and the most current baby deals I can find on the web (and in -stores) possible!!!

If you'd like to see any additional items on this blog that could help you as a mommy, please leave me a comment on my Intro post!!! :) Thank you for reading :).

US Consumer Product Safety Commission - Recent Child-Related Product Recalls

Sep 3, 2009

Convertible Car Seats

My 6 month old daughter is 18 1/2 lbs.  Nice big and long girl.  My Graco Snug-Ride Infant carrier/car seat says that she can be in there up to 22 lbs or 29 inches, whichever comes first.  However, her pediatrician says 20 lbs she should be out of there (still rear-facing of course)!

I thought I was pretty certain which car seat I would get her.  My son has an Evenflo Triumph Advance LX which I LOOOOVE!!!!  I read a post from another blogger saying how *not* to get this seat because it is "sooo difficult" to remove the car seat cover to wash (according to her the intsructions said you need to screw off some screws???).  I really dont know if it was the newer model, like the one I have, because mine just pops off from the tabs around the edges.  No unscrewing required.  Hmmm???  Washed it in hot water in the washer, regular cycle.  Dried it outside in the sun.  It's like new!

The Evenflo Triumph Advance is said to be the much lesser priced Britax (for safety, comfort, and ease of use).   It has 2 position recline, can be RFing for infants up to 35 lbs and FFing for toddlers up to 50 lbs!  Also soft and cushiony for the child's comfort.  The best feature that makes this one such a winner is the ease of use.  It uses a unique Slide Harness adjustment system to adjust harness height without having to rethread and It has TensionRight™ knobs that easily tightens harness from the side.  Retails for $129.99-$139.99.

Graco came out with the MyRide 65 which also is reclinable and can be in both RF and FF position.  It has TWO cup holders installed into the seat which is the feature I love about it.  It also holds a FF child up to 65 lbs which is awesome!  I want to have my kids in a 5-pt harness as long as possible, and buying this one will help me do that.  Both the Evenflo and Graco share wonderful features like EPS (Graco) and EPP (Evenflo), Energy Absorbing Foam, Side-Impact Testing, and removeable inserts for infants and toddler headrest pillow for comfort.  Retails for $149.99-159.99.

My personal experience is with the Triumph Advance LX and I'm almost certain I will buy this one (in the Bouquet Style for my daughter).  If I go with a MyRide 65, I'll buy it in a boyish style for my son, and pass his EFTA to my daughter).  I dont know if the Tension Right knobs and Slide Harness will win over the additional 15 lbs of weight max and built-in cup holders. AAHHHH!!!  What to do!???

Summary of Evenflo Triumph Advance LX

Pros:
Easy to Assemble
Easy to Adjust
Easy to Wash
Comfortable
FF and RF position
Reclines
High Safety Ratings

Cons:
Heavy and Bulky
Flimsy removeable cup-holder
Difficult to remove infant from seat (in RF position of a Sedan)

No comments: