When it comes to buying a product for my children, I have to do all my research, product and price comparisons, and comparing reviews (cost vs. benefits). I try to get the best deal without sacrificing quality, comfort or safety. I think real mom experiences are what I consider the most, so I thought I'd share my own reviews on the products I've decided to purchase hoping this will be a helpful tool for you! Please feel free to comment or recommend your own products vs. the ones posted here on my blog! Thank you.

Here you'll find reviews, helpful finds and tips, the most updated CPSC child product recalls, and the most current baby deals I can find on the web (and in -stores) possible!!!

If you'd like to see any additional items on this blog that could help you as a mommy, please leave me a comment on my Intro post!!! :) Thank you for reading :).

US Consumer Product Safety Commission - Recent Child-Related Product Recalls

Sep 4, 2009

Infant and Convertible Car Seat Covers (Even for the EFTA)!

I've been searching religiously for someone online that could make a car seat cover for the Evenflo Triumph Advance LX.  No one does because of the unique slide harness straps (no-rethreading)....Until NOW! 

Low and behold I found someone on my local craigslist that makes them... and they look absolutely beautiful!   It's called That's Sew Baby! Now I may consider actually handing down my son's EFTA to my daughter and disguising it with a car seat cover so my son doesn't get upset that she's in his seat.  :)  I'm not sure if she delivers, but if so, give her a call or email with your request if you have one.  I'll keep you updated if I actually order one with a pic of it. 
Perhaps I'll end up getting the Graco Nautilus instead for my son if I do this (the price of it just kills me though so not sure if I will... or maybe the MyRide 65).

1 comment:

*Stephanie* said...

Keep in mind that if the seat covers aren't made by the company who makes your car seat they aren't considered safe. Make sure any replacement seat covers you buy are flame resistant, aren't thicker then the original cover for your seat, and that they fit in the exact same way. This could be a safety issue.